Are you ready for a baking extravaganza? If you tried the liver cake recipe then you can rest assured that the baking process for these biscuits smells significantly better.
With this recipe, you can make a stash of peamutt butter and banana dog biscuits. We have no idea how many biscuits it will make as that depends on the size of your hound. Three biscuits for our team member, Mr Bear, would equal three weeks’ worth for his Dachshund friend, ironically, also called Bear.
In order to make your stash of biscuits, you’ll need around 55 minutes and the following ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- ½ cup of mashed banana
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ½ cup of wheat germ
- 1/3 cup of peamutt butter – we use peamutt butter so that we know it doesn’t have any dodgy stuff in it, some of the human grade peanut butter isn’t good for dogs
- 1 egg white – for brushing, because the dogs deserve the finishing touches
Now, you need to follow these easy steps:
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees c and grease a baking tray.
- Chuck everything in a bowl – we’re almost ready for the Great British Bake Off, can you tell?! Mix all of the ingredients until you have a dough to be proud of.
- Roll the dough until it’s about ¼ inch thick and then have the time of your life with the bone shaped cutter.
- Put each almost-biscuit on the baking tray. If you ignored step one then you’ll have to catch up now.
- Brush the tops of the almost-biscuits with the egg white.
- Bake the biscuits in the oven for around 30 minutes, but keep an eye on them as the time will vary depending on the size.
- When they’re golden brown, give them a chance to cool and your dog will no doubt be waiting to test them.
For peamutt butter, click here.
We’d love to see pictures of your biscuit creations, preferably with your dog enjoying them. Share them with us on social media!